Our World Finals tournament webapp will allow you to quickly and easily access schedules, maps, and so much more tournament information!
Simply follow the Odyssey Tournaments weblink and you will be prompted to save the web app to your phone. There are also step-by-step directions on the screen. It’s as easy as saving a link to your phone! https://www.odysseyofthemind.com/includes/app/
- The finalized 2023 Competition Schedule is now available! We’ve worked to accommodate every scheduling request previously submitted with team registration. If your team still has scheduling concerns, they must be communicated to your respective International Problem Captain upon arrival at campus.
- Spontaneous Competition Overview from Spontaneous International Problem Captain Kayce Caugh. All problems and divisions compete in Spontaneous at Wells Hall.
- Teams can now see detailed information regarding their specific performance location! This includes storage locations, floorplan diagrams, and notes on floor surfaces. *p4 storage room updated 5/23
All coaches must register their teams at the International Center.
Only coaches will be allowed in the registration area at the International Center. To help the process function smoothly, we ask that one coach from each team enter the registration area, located at the back of the building in the Spartan Rooms. A tent will be placed behind the International Center for teams to trade pins and get to know each other while the coaches complete registration. Coaches will turn in the medical and media release forms, if they have not been uploaded to the World Finals Website and will receive your team’s housing assignment information, program materials, and directions to your residence hall check-in site and designated parking lot. There are restrooms available inside the International Center, in addition to a food court and souvenir shop.
Odyssey Registration will be open:
Tuesday, May 23rd 2:00pm – Midnight
Wednesday, May 24th 10:00 AM – Midnight
Thursday, May 25th 9:00 am – Noon at the Odyssey Information Booth
Upon arrival to the residence hall, you will receive room keys, bathroom keys (if applicable), conference cards, wristbands, and lanyards. Conference cards are used for building/living wing access, meal access, and laundry room use.
If you lose your keys/cards, the charge will be $75 for the room key, $15 for the bathroom key, and $10 for the conference card. Charges will be billed to the teams by Odyssey.
For those arriving after registration hours on Tuesday or Wednesday, please stop at the International Center. Michigan State University staff will run a 24-hour check-in service if you arrive after midnight when the Odyssey desk is closed, you will call 517-648-2364 and the person will direct you to your assigned residence hall. You will complete the rest of the check-in process the next day during regular registration hours. If you arrive on Thursday or later, please check in at the Odyssey Information Booth at the International Center.
On-campus shuttles will be running throughout World Finals. Two route maps are available, showing the same routes. One features bus stop times and locations, the other features Odyssey of the Mind competition sites.
OMER’s News is the daily newspaper, published each morning of the competition, that keeps you up to date on what’s happening around campus and shares amazing stories from the Odyssey of the Mind community.
This year you’ll find the first issue in print at locations around campus, then subsequent issues will be available digitally via this website and our webapp.
This is also where lost and found is located!
- Tuesday – 1 p.m. to 8 pm
- Wednesday to Friday – 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Saturday – 8:00 am to 4 pm.
When you’re not watching team performances, there’s so much to do at World Finals!
- Pin trading at designated locations throughout campus.
- While you’re not competing, be sure to visit the World Finals 2023 Creativity Festival. It’s a chance to make new friends from all over the world and flex your creative muscles. Representatives from participating states and countries have created booths offering different kinds of fun activities and creative challenges. Everyone is welcome and the festival is free. It will be a friendly, fun experience full of activity, games, prizes and entertainment. Be sure to check out our sponsor, ARM & HAMMER(TM) and take part in their fun offerings as well as thank them for being part of the Odyssey family. Located at Jenison Field House. See Schedule of Events for dates and time.
- International Festival is your chance to support fellow OMers AND purchase unique gifts from afar! International teams offer souvenirs from their home countries as a way to offset the costs of global travel. Be sure to visit this popular event! Located at Jensison Fieldhouse. See Schedule of Events for date and time.
- Take part in fun ARM & HAMMER(TM)Activities at the Creativity Festival:
- Slime station – It’s slime time! Did you know Baking Soda is a key ingredient? Make your own slime with Arm & Hammer Baking Soda!
- Virtual Reality – Travel through time in a unique virtual reality experience where you will see how Baking Soda is made. You’ll get to visit the Statue of Liberty, watch a volcano erupt, and even encounter a glacier!
- Hi Striker – Test your strength and Give it the Hammer at this fun carnival game
- Ring Toss – Want to win free prizes? Check out our Laundry Ring Toss game for a chance to win!
- Step & Repeat – Take a picture with family and friends at the ARM & HAMMER backdrop
- Photo Box – Show us your flex and take a photo at our “more power to you” photo booth
- Visit NASA science talks and activities at the STEM Teaching and Learning Facility Auditorium 1130:
Earth Science Updates: An overview of NASA Earth Science. She will also talk about internships and provide a quick hands on activity. Thurs 11 am/ Fri 8 am/Sat 10 am
Seeing Earth from Space Through Landsat’s Eyes: Learn how Landsat sees the Earth from space. Find out how and why we use different wavelengths of the electromagnetic spectrum to view our world. Thurs 1/ Fri 9:30 am/Sat 3pm
Connecting the Drops: Did you know that NASA has an Earth-observing satellite that measures precipitation all over the world? In this presentation, you will learn how and why NASA measures our most valuable natural resource- freshwater. As the Global Precipitation Measurement (GPM) mission prepares to celebrate its tenth anniversary, there are countless examples demonstrating how the data from this international constellation of satellites is helping us to better understand and protect life on our home planet. We will also have several NASA takeaways to offer our participants! Thurs 3pm/ Fri 3pm/Sat at noon.
- Explore the list of things to do around the MSU campus and the Greater Lansing area!
- Take in a show at Wharton Center for the Performing Arts. There’s a special offer to see Wicked: $35 ticket for the Odyssey group on Thursday, May 25 at 7:30 and Friday, May 26 at 8pm. All of the info is below:
Enter Promo code: WCODYSSEY
The medical release form on the Odyssey of the Mind website (coming soon) is required. Every participant must have a form completed and signed by their parent/guardian. Forms will be kept in the possession of the team coach and must accompany the student to any medical intervention. Please bring your team’s completed forms with you to registration if they have not been uploaded on the World Finals website. Participants will not be allowed to register without the completed form.
McLaren Greater Lansing Hospital
2900 Collins Rd
Lansing, MI. 48910
Phone Number: 517-975-6000
E. W. Sparrow Hospital
Medical care is also available through the emergency department of Sparrow Hospital, located at 1215 East
Michigan Ave., Lansing, MI.
Phone Number: (517) 364-1000
Sparrow Urgent Care Center
2682 East Grand River
Phone: (517) 333-6562
Hours: Everyday, 8:00 am-8:00 pm
The MSU Department of Police and Public Safety would like you to have a safe time during your stay here at MSU. Our department is fully operational 24 hours a day. To reach us, call 911 for emergencies, or dial 517-355-2221
for non-emergencies. Although the MSU campus is a very safe place, common sense precautions should be always used.
For the safety of all, clear bag usage is required at Opening and Awards ceremonies in Breslin Event Center.
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC and do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12″
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar)
- Small clutch bag, camera and binocular cases not exceeding 4.5″ x 6.5″, with or without a handle or strap
- Backpacks (even if made of clear material)
- Any non-clear bag exceeding the size limit including fanny packs, diaper bags, plastic bags and purses
Premier Portraits will be on site at the Creativity Festival from Thursday to Saturday during 2023 World Finals to take team portraits, accepting orders for World Finals yearbooks, Thank You cards, and additional photo products to record your trip to World Finals.