Once again the Odyssey of the Mind creative problem-solving family has grown to include everyone living together—family, friends, roommates, etc. This problem is intended to be solved together as a creative family using Odyssey of the Mind principles—this means everyone in your home!
Virtual World Finals Family Problem
Pull an OMER out of a Hat
Households have become their own creative problem-solving team! This problem is intended to be solved together as a creative family using Odyssey of the Mind principles—this means everyone in your home and anyone who you can work with while adhering to health guidelines! Your problem is to create a humorous magic show using ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda.
- The magician character:
- can be portrayed in any way but must be a character as defined in the 2020-21 Program Guide.
- will perform at least two magic tricks. One selected from the following list and one free choice:
-Make something disappear and reappear
-Pull an OMER out of a hat
-Perform a card trick
- will tell the audience about each trick in the show.
- will say a word or phrase before each magic trick occurs in the performance.
2. The magic tricks:
- must be safe for all involved and not cause damage to the competition site (AKA your home!).
- do not have to be portrayed as successful.
- must be observable to the judges.
- require an assistant character portrayed in any way.
- The use of ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda:
-can be incorporated as any part of the magic show.
-must be obvious to the judges how it is used.
- Everything you wear and the way you act during the presentation will be considered as part of the magic show.
1. You will record your magic show within local health and safety guidelines. This can be done in your home or property, or wherever gathering is allowed.
2. The recording:
- will begin by saying your team name and where you are from. The team name can be anything you wish, but will identify you to the judges.
- cannot exceed 2 minutes.
- will be emailed to: email@example.com. The email must contain your team name, home address, and how ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda is used in the magic show. The submission deadline is May 20. Winners will be announced before the Awards Ceremony on May 29. All information must be in the email to be considered for placement.
- must be appropriate for all ages. This includes everything included in the entry.
3. The top 10 solutions will be showcased before the Awards Ceremony.
1. Each entry will be judged on the humor of the performance, the overall portrayal of a magic show, and the creative use of ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda
2. Certificates will be downloadable for all participants.
There is no cost to participate in this problem!!